Based on active locking mount as EF II series adapters, whole-new EF 3 Mounting Adapter w/ KineEnhancer is designed in accordance with traditional DSLR lens rotation method but have much improvement. Compared to the previous version, EF 3 Mounting Adapter w/ KineEnhancer not only possesses the traditional way to rotate the lens clockwise, but also keeps active locking to fasten the lens, thus the EF lens can be installed quickly and locked clockwise as the PL lens, which is suitable for the utilization of Follow Focus when shooting.
KineEnhancer as a highly accurate optic glass, built-in mounting adapter. It brings wider angle and one more stop on max aperture.
EF 3 Mounting Adapter w/ KineEnhancer features:
- Increase traditional DSLR lens locking method: rotate the lens clockwise until stop;
- Keep cine camera active locking method: lock the lens clockwise until fasten firmly without mobile space;
- Hot-swap: change your lenses while the camera is on; offer extra electric protection;
- Electronic contacts: support majority of EF lens with Iris control;
- Simple but reliable connection: the new mounting adapter matches KineMOUNT perfectly without any cord;
- Lightweight: it weighs only 200g, but still reliable and robust.
Perfect creation with Enhanced performance by KineEnhancer
KineEnhancer as a highly accurate optic glass, built-in mounting adapter. It brings wider angle and one more stop on max aperture. The features of KineEnhancer based on optical precision include：
- Focal reducing factor as: 0.72, compared to normal S35 shooting;
- Increase maximum aperture up to: 1 stop;
- Crop factor to: 1.1 when using on MAVO 6K;
- Crop factor to: 1.3 when using on TERRA 4K;
- Very good performance on edge and colour fringing.
Steps to attach/detach EF 3 Mounting Adapter w/ KineEnhancer and EF 3 Mounting Adapter w/ e-ND are same with regular EF 3 Mounting Adapter.
How to Attach/detach the EF lens to the EF 3 mount?
Steps of attaching EF lens to new EF 3 mount as following:
- Unlock: Rotate locking ring of EF 3 mount counter-clockwise till stop; (Take off all the caps or covers from camera and lens mount;);
- Install EF lens: Align red dot on lens, white line on locking ring and dot on mount. And make sure that the pin on mount matches the hole of lens; rotate EF lens clockwise till release button up;
- Lock: Rotate locking ring of EF 3 mount clockwise as the arrow direction until fastened firmly.
Steps of detaching EF lens from new EF 3 mount:
- Unlock: Rotate locking ring of EF 3 mount counter-clockwise till stop;
- Detach EF lens: Fully press the release button on the right side of EF 3 mount and rotate EF lens counter-clockwise.
- EF-S lens can not installed to the mount with KineEnhancer, because the rear end of EF-S lens is longer than EF lens;
- Power down camera when swapping different adapters, else camera or adapters may be burned.