*Disclaimer: KINEFINITY DOES NOT HAVE ANY OFFICIALLY RECOMMENDED THRID-PARTY NVMe M.2 SSD. Please note that Kinefinity does not take any responsibility for any problems caused by using third-party SSD. We recommend using Kinefinity™ NANO NVMe M.2 SSD 1T card to secure your valuable footage as much as possible.
Exclusive to the Mavo Edge 8k, KineMAG Nano Body allows compatibility with any third-party NVMe-based M.2 SSDs, providing users with more economical storage possibilities.
Like the KineMAG Nano 1TB SSD, the KineMAG Nano Body is equipped with an all-metal shell with grooves to facilitate heat dissipation, providing and maintaining the necessary temperatures for high-speed read/write SSDs.
Two high-speed ports are fitted into the KineMAG Nano: a robust camera port that records the footage from MAVO Edge 8K to KineMAG Nano, and a universal USB-C³ port for offloading data to your workstation. The USB-C port supports USB3.1 Gen2 protocol, allowing the KineMAG Nano to offload data at a speed of 10Gbps without the need for a separate SSD reader.
Dual-Port, SSD Reader Free
The KineMAG Nano Body features two ports. The first is a high-speed camera port for professional data recording. Thanks to the PCIe 3.0 interface built inside both SDD slots of the MAVO Edge 8K, KineMAG Nano Body supports hot-swapping for third-party M.2 SSDs and provides a reliable guarantee for the transfer of high-resolution data that 8K footage requires. The second port is the universal USB-C USB3.1 Gen2, allowing data to be offloaded via one USB-C cable. No SSD reader is required.
Thermal Control, Unrivaled Protection
The unique design of the KineMAG Nano Body implements a heat-dissipating plate that can quickly conduct heat, maintaining a cooler SSD temperature. This prevents the M.2 NVMe SSD from crashing or data loss caused by overheating.
Extensive Compatibility, Simple to Use
The design of the KineMAG Nano Body makes the installation of any M.2 2280 SSD very simple. Safely remove the four screws on both ends of the Nano Body and insert the M.2 SSD into the built-in PCIe/NVMe slot. Compared to the majority of cinema camera manufacturers who do not support the use of third-party SSDs, the compatibility of the KineMAG Nano Body provides users plenty of choices and convenience.
CAUTION： The third-party NVMe M.2 SSD does not have the read-only and RAID 5 features of the KineMAG Nano 1TB, so the Nano Body cannot provide the two major safety features of the KineMAG Nano 1TB.
CAUTION： The write performance of third-party NVMe M.2 SSDs may not meet 8K or 4K high-speed and high bit rate recording requirements. The use of any third-party M.2 SSD may cause instability of recording, transfer or other data problems. Only KineMAG Nano 1TB is recommended for MAVO Edge 8K.
- M.2 interface: A specification for SSD and related connector of computing equipment which replaces the Mini PCI Express and mSATA standards. The M.2 interface SSD is an NVMe/PCIe SSD, not SATA SSD.
- NVMe protocol: Non-volatile memory host controller interface specification. It is a bus transfer protocol specification based on the logical interface of the device used to access non-volatile memory media attached via the PCI Express bus. The NVMe mentioned in this product is also known as PCIe NVMe Gen3.
- USB-C port: Formally known as USB Type-C, it is a universal serial bus hardware interface form. The most significant feature of USB-C is that the upper and lower ends of its plug are completely consistent, so there is no front or back for the port. The USB-C port used in this product supports the USB3.1 Gen2 protocol with a transfer speed of up to 10Gbps.
- RAID 5: RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Hard Disks), is a disk array formed by combining multiple disks. RAID 5 uses redundantly stored parity information to recover data that may be stored incorrectly.
* This was a return/exchange item that is 100% functional, as if new.