KineMON-7U II is a touchscreen capable ultra-bright 7″ monitor dedicated to the MAVO/TERRA camera. It features a 2000nit Retina display, 1080p full-HD, and 16M colors, to ensure your footage is viewed with sharp detail. Only one Kine Video Cord is required for this monitor to get power supply and video signal from the MAVO/TERRA camera.
With a standard ¼”-20 thread, KineMON-7U II can easily be mounted onto the camera body with a variety of accessories to accommodate different needs.
Record and Playback Functions
The ultra-bright KineMON-7U II adds record and playback buttons, as well as Tally light to trigger corresponding functions on the camera body.
- Liveview Mode: Press record button to trigger the function on the camera body. The tally light shows red; press record button one more time to stop record.
- Playback Mode: Press playback button (triangle icon) to enter into playback mode; button 1, button 2 and wheel on the side of monitor upgrade with new functions:
- Press button 1 and button 2 to check the previous clip and the next clip respectively;
- Press Wheel: Play or pause the current clip;
- Rotate Wheel: Speed or back the current clip.
Core Functions and Simple Operation
The monitor’s DirectClear platform includes the following core functions:
Turn on/off monitors: Push Power switch at the side to turn the monitor on or off. An LED indicator light displays the status of monitor
Display Focus Peaking: Press Button 1 to turn peaking on/off
- Change peaking focus sensitivity: Press Button 1 for three seconds to enable sensitivity setting of peaking function
RGB Histogram on input video: Press Button 2: to show histogram in the left corner of screen
Display False Color: Press Button 2 for three seconds to toggle false color which IRE based on Arri’s False Color scale
Tune brightness of monitor: Press Wheel, then Rotate the wheel to change brightness of monitor at 10% step. 60% is default brightness.
Set orientation of monitor: Press Wheel for three seconds, the monitor can be set to a rotation of 180 deg manually or auto-rotation based on rotation angle of monitor itself.
Brand New DirectClear Platform
KineMON-7U II processes HD video with a new DirectClear platform. DirectClear utilizes powerful FPGA with low power consumption as its basic framework to optimize image processing. It features:
- Ultra-low Latency: Monitoring latency is reduced 50% compared to traditional field monitors; especially with MAVO LF/MAVO/TERRA 4K in KineOS6.3, the latency of the whole camera system is relatively low in order to control dynamic image accurately
- Fast Response: Boot up and power off almost instantly, while traditional monitors often need 5-10 seconds to boot up
- Low Power Consumption: Power consumption of the monitor is largely reduced. KineMON-7U II uses no more than 6W when at full brightness, while traditional monitors use up to 18W. KineMON-7U II can stay at low temperatures without additional cooling
- True and Natural Color: KineMON-7U adopts natural rendering to restore details and natural colors to the image instead of additional processing like deliberate sharpness and oversaturation, ensuring your footage is displayed in its true form
While employing the DirectClear platform, KineEVF and KineMON-5U II surpass other traditional monitors, especially when working with Kinefinity cameras.
Durability and Simple Connection
KineMON-7U II features a tempered glass screen and rugged milled aluminum casing for better heat dissipation.
KineMON-7U has a standard 1/4″ threaded hole between two pin-holes ensuring a secure mounting point. Using appropriate accessories, KineMON-7U will meet your needs in these typical scenarios:
- KineMON Swivel Mount: Mount the monitor directly to the front of the camera body and top plate of TERRA/MAVO KineKIT;
- KineMON Cold-Shoe Mount: Mount the monitor directly to any a cold shoe socket.
- Movcam Quick Plate: Mount directly to the right side of the monitor, the quick plate works with Movcam’s new EVF bracket without tools
- 6-inch Cine Arm: Mount the monitor to any arm with ¼”-20 screw for maximum customization
2000nit Full Lamination&High Brightness Screen
Work indoors or outdoors with KineMON-7U’s 2000nit high brightness screen. Even when competing with direct sunlight, filmmakers can still check exposure and composition as normal.
The ultra-bright monitor features OCR Full Lamination crafted with strong, transmissive tempered glass to generate higher light transmission and lower light reflection, keeping your image clear and bright even under sunlight. The KineMon-7U also features a grease-proof AF Coating on the glass surface, keeping it easy to clean.
- 16M colors (RGB 24-bit depth)
- Touchscreen Capable
- 100% Rec.709 Gamut
- 1920×1080 physical resolution (441ppi)
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
Note: Add a 7-inch KineMON Sunhood to facilitate shooting in ultra-bright conditions.
- Monitor: KineMON-7U II Monitor;
- KineMON-7U II Complete Bundle: KineMON-7U, Kine Video Cord (60cm), 6″ Strong Arm with damping and KineMON 7″ Sunhood.